Wednesday 4 September 2013

Field trip day!

Vermont I at Basin Harbor, by Ernie Haas 
 Guess what I did today?!
I went to see the shipwreck of the boat below! 


Whale ship Charles W. Morgan, at Mystic Seaport, Mystic, CT.
Image courtesy Mystic Seaport.
I got to see the actual shipwreck! It was HUGE and AMAZING!! We also got to see the rudder (which is the thing that steers the ship). It was about 5-10 feet long, and about 8 or 9 feet tall. Sorry about my being so vague! I learnt a lot about the ship, how the captain was tired, and he gave the boat to a man who didn't have a sailing license and he crashed the boat! I learnt so much and I am off for another field trip tomorrow - but this time I'll be going to a creek and attempt to walk in knee high deep mud! Horray! (Sarcasm!!)

Wish me luck for tomorrow!!
Emz :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fascinating, Em. Good luck with the mud! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun to me!!!! Where is your school and what grade are you in?
    Those field trips sound like a good time!!
    Enjoy!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Grade 6 at Ferrisburgh Central School joyce!

    ReplyDelete